Join Mayor Bob Buckhorn and the Coast Crew on Saturday, June 11th as we open Cass Street’s new two-way bike track (the first two-way signalized cycle track on a two-way street in Florida!) and the newest segment of The Tampa Riverwalk! Friends of the Riverwalk will also unveil their new and improved surreys for use during the ride!
The festivities will start in Perry Harvey, Sr. Park and end on the Tampa Riverwalk. See below for the timeline of activities.
- 9:30 am – Gather in Perry Harvey, Sr. Park near the gateway statues
- 10 am – First Ride along the new Cass Street Cycle Track departs from Perry Harvey, Sr. Park
- 10:15 am – First Ride arrives on the Tampa Riverwalk
- 10:30 am – Tampa Riverwalk Doyle Carlton Segment Ribbon Cutting (near Laurel Street Bridge)
- 10:30 am – 2 pm – Riverwalk Scavenger Hunt*
*Scavenger hunt materials will be available on the South side of the Laurel Street bridge. The first 100 people to enter will receive a free t-shirt. Any team that completes the hunt will be entered for a chance to win a Riverwalk staycation for two!
The winner will receive:
- 1 night stay – Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
- $100 gift card – Ulele Restaurant
- 4 tickets opening night, July 12th, 2016, of the Broadway tour of Wizard of Oz – Straz Center for the Performing Arts
- 4 day passes – Pirate Water Taxi
Snack vendors and other entertainment will be available along the Tampa Riverwalk following the ribbon cutting ceremony.
Join the discussion on the event’s Facebook Page