About Coast Bike Share:
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, economical community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility.
Coast is a public bike share program in Tampa Bay operating in downtown St. Petersburg, Tampa and USF. We seek a highly motivated mechanic who is passionate about urban mobility and the potential impact of bike share on community livability to join our Tampa team.
Core functions include servicing a fleet of 500 bikes from general repairs to cleaning, inspecting, and preventative maintenance, reporting to the Head Mechanic.
Ideal candidates will have a strong motivation to work in a fast paced, rapidly expanding, and exciting environment, with mechanical knowledge, a desire to work outdoors, and an outgoing personality.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- General Bicycle repair; building, servicing, cleaning, and record keeping of the rental fleet and stations
- Ability to diagnose/repair most components of the Bike Share bikes
- Interacting with the back office software management system
- Customer service; providing a high level of competency and compassion in dealing with customer relations.
- Occasional Location balancing: driving a vehicle, collecting bicycles, loading and unloading bicycles from vehicle, and balancing hub locations
- Work in conjunction with the Head Mechanic and Field Operations Manager to maintain an accurate inventory.
- Other tasks and duties, as needed, beyond daily responsibilities
- Must have at least 1 year of professional mechanic experience. Auto or Bicycle.
- Ability to load, and move around bicycles, 50 pounds each, dozens daily
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness to work outdoors year round
- Strong interest in bicycles and transportation
- Basic Computer skills: Spreadsheets and other proprietary software regularly used.
- Interpersonal skills – maintain confidentiality; remain open to others’ ideas; demonstrate patience and willingness to try new things.
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Valid DL with good safety record
- Clean background
The position is Part Time and pays $10/hr to start, and is negotiable depending on prior experience.
TO APPLY: Applications should be in PDF format and include a brief cover letter with an outline of your ability to meet the requirements, and your current resume. Please email applications to Eric@CoastBikeShare.com and include “Bicycle Mechanic” in the subject line