Coast Bike Share company is seeking Bicycle Rebalancers
About Coast Bike Share:
Coast Tampa allows residents and tourists access to 300 public bicycles distributed throughout 30 locations including downtown Tampa, Ybor, Hyde Park, and Davis Island. Riders can use the bikes to commute to work, do errands, visit friends or just for fun!
Ideal candidates will have mechanical knowledge, a strong desire to work outdoors, and an outgoing personality. Bicycle shop experience in repairs and/or experience working for other bike share programs is not required. Position is full time with shifts on weekends.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Location balancing; driving a vehicle, collecting bicycles, loading and unloading bicycles from vehicle, and balancing hub locations
- General Bicycle repair; building, servicing, cleaning, and record keeping of the rental fleet and stations
- Interacting with the back office software management system
- Customer service; providing a high level of competency and compassion in dealing with customer relations.
- Working alongside marketing to promote the system and membership sales
- Other tasks and duties, as needed, beyond daily responsibilities
- Basic Mechanical knowledge that with minimal training can be applied to bicycle repair
- Ability to load, and move around bicycles, 50 pounds each
- Willingness to work outdoors year round
- Strong interest in bicycles and transportation
- Basic Computer skills
- Valid DL with good safety record
- Clean background
This position is a great way to get into the rapidly expanding bicycle industry. If you feel that you want to be part of the bike sharing industry and contribute to alternative transportation and encourage people to ride, please respond to this employment ad with:
- A brief description of why you are a good fit for the position
- A resume in PDF format.
- Email To: Joe@CoastBikeShare.com
- Required Subject Line: Tampa Rebalancing Position
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants for all positions equally without regard to their race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans With Disability Act. Your application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. We are a drug-free workplace.