About Share-A-Bull Bike Share:
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, economical community-based transport option that enhances campus and urban livability and mobility.
Share-A-Bull Bikes is USF’s official bike share program and part of Tampa Bay’s Coast Bike Share. Coast operates hundreds of bikes in Tampa, St. Petersburg and USF. We seek a highly motivated Bicycle Field Tech who is interested in mechanics, mobility, and the potential impact of bike share on community livability to join our USF Tampa team.
Core functions are based around maintaining optimal number of available, and working bikes for our members to use in navigating campus as well as ensuring bikes are kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to work outdoors, ability to pedal a cargo bike for hours at a time, motivation to work in a fast paced and exciting environment, mechanical knowledge, and an outgoing personality. Bicycle shop experience and/or experience working for other bike share programs is not required. Position is part time to start, but could transfer to full time with opportunities also available in downtown Tampa and St. Petersburg systems.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Location balancing; driving a cargo bike (occasionally a cargo van), collecting bicycles, loading and unloading bicycles from vehicle, and balancing hub locations
- General Bicycle repair and light maintenance, servicing, cleaning, and record keeping of the rental fleet and stations
- Interacting with the back office software management system
- Customer service; providing a high level of competency and compassion in dealing with customer relations.
- Working alongside marketing and brand ambassador teams to promote the system and membership sales
- Occasional work in our other operational areas is possible
- Other tasks and duties, as needed, beyond daily responsibilities
- Basic Mechanical knowledge that with minimal training can be applied to bicycle repair
- Ability to load, and move around bicycles, 50 pounds each, dozens daily
- Willingness to work outdoors year round
- Strong interest in bicycles and transportation
- Basic Computer skills
- Valid DL with good safety record
- Clean background
Compensation: $10 per hour.
Hours: Part time and ad-hoc.
TO APPLY: Applications should be in PDF format and include a brief cover letter with an outline of your ability to meet the requirements, and your current resume. Please email applications to Jobs@ShareABullBikes.com and include “Bicycle Field Tech” in the subject line.